Posted by Jackie on Sep 2, 2012
Meet the latest craze in our family: homemade Nutella granola. We eat this for breakfast, lunch, snack, dessert, whenever we want a burst of absolute yumminess.
You get these nutty, chocolatey, crunchy bites every time you reach in for a handful or two. Plus, the oats, hazelnuts, and chocolate-hazelnut spread really give you a great energy boost to get you through the day.
You can pour milk over it for breakfast, add a crunch to your daily yogurt, serve it with ice cream, or grab it out of the jar by handfuls when no one is looking…
Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Granola
Makes about 4 cups
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella or JIF)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your mixer, on low-medium speed, combine the melted butter, honey, chocolate hazelnut spread, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, mix in the oats and salt until combined.
- Using a spatula, spread the granola mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then add the chopped hazelnuts and stir the granola.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and cool completely. Use your fingers to break up the granola if it’s too clumpy.
- Serve with milk, yogurt, ice cream, or by itself, and enjoy!
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets