Crunchy Nutella Brownies

Posted by Jackie on Apr 25, 2011

Looking for a new kind of brownie?  These crunchy Nutella brownies are super yummy and extra crunchy!  A rich, fudgy brownie, topped with chocolate, Nutella, and rice cereal to give it a delicious crunch.  Treat yourself…you deserve it!

Ingredients:

Brownie Layer

• 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1-3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup flour

Nutella Crunch Layer

• 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Nutella
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 1-1/2 cups rice cereal

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 9×13 pan with lightly greased foil.

In a large glass bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and butter at 30 second intervals until melted.  Stir until smooth.

Add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour.  Add in each ingredient one at a time, stirring until combined before adding the next ingredient.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are completely set. Do not overbake (the middle will not be completely set)!

After you take the brownies out of the oven, while they are cooling in their pan, make the frosting.  In a medium-sized glass bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, Nutella, and butter for 30 second intervals, until melted.  Stir until smooth.  Let cool for 2-3 minutes.  Stir in the rice cereal.

Immediately spread the frosting over the brownies.

Cool brownies completely before enjoying (you can put them in the refrigerator to speed this up if you can’t wait to eat them!).

Makes 16 large brownies.

Adapted from Crustabakes

Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Scharffen Berger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 Responses to “Crunchy Nutella Brownies”

1. sophistimom May 2, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

Such pretty slices. So perfect. They look like they’d taste like 100 Grand bars, only better.

2. Rene Lynch May 3, 2011 at 10:48 pm #

Hi, I would like to use your crunchy Nutella brownies on our blog. Can you please e-mail me at rene.lynch@latimes.com or DM @renelynch
    Thank you!

3. Crustabakes May 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Lovely looking brownies! thanks for the shoutout!

4. Marlene May 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

absolutely amazing. I will make this recipe for our next family gathering. Riquisimo.

5. Robyn | Add a Pinch June 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm #

Oh my! You’ve got it going on with these brownies!!!

Thanks so much for sharing them in this week’s Mingle Monday!

6. Tabitha (A Penny Saved) June 6, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

This is unfair. These look so amazing it makes me want to lick the screen! Yummy!

7. Bryce Alderton July 18, 2011 at 12:19 am #

Whoa nellie these look good.

Thanks for sharing. I saw these on the L.A. Times food blog.

Giada de Laurentiis has a semifreddo recipe made with Nutella that is yummy.

8. Jamie | My Baking Addiction October 10, 2011 at 12:45 am #

These are seriously gorgeous and anything with Nutella is amazing in my book! Thanks so much for linking them up in the Holiday Recipe Exchange!

• lacasadesweets October 10, 2011 at 7:19 pm #

Thank you so much, Jamie! That means so much to me!!

9. Valerie October 28, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

I found this recipe on the Holiday Recipe Exchange and made it last week. They were a big hit at home and when I shared them at work.

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Crunchy Peanut Butter Brownies | La Casa de Sweets - July 25, 2011

[...] sure by now you’ve all seen my recipe for Crunchy Nutella Brownies…they’re one of my most popular recipes, and they’re delicious!  After making [...]

2. Fudgy Brownie Cookies | La Casa de Sweets - January 23, 2012

[...] raise money for cancer! If you’re interested in bidding for a chance to win a pan of my Crunchy Nutella Brownies or a dozen of my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles, head on over to our online [...]