Posted by Jackie on Oct 16, 2012
These cookies are the perfect after-school snack for the kids, or that Fall picnic you’ve been planning to have after your pumpkin and apple-picking adventures this weekend!
Packed with pumpkin, spice, and cinnamon chips, then dipped in white chocolate, what’s not to love? Your kids can even help out with the chocolate-dipping…my 3 yr old had a blast!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cinnamon chips*
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Sprinkles, for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your mixer, on low-medium speed, combine the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- On low speed, mix in the oats, flour, spices, and salt until combined.
- Add in the cinnamon chips.
- Use a measuring tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to measure out the cookie dough onto the lined cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the cookies at 350° until completely set, about 15-16 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through.
- Let cool on the wire racks until cool enough to touch.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the white chocolate. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the white chocolate chips (or candy melts) for 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until most of the chocolate has melted. Continue stirring the chocolate until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate, then decorate with sprinkles, if using.
- Place the dipped cookies on parchment paper until completely set, then enjoy!
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
*Replace with white chocolate or butterscotch chips if you can’t find cinnamon chips.
Original recipe by La Casa de Sweets