Let me start off by saying you have to make this. You just have to.
It’s creamy, light, lemony, sweet and tart, and perfect for a special occasion, night in, movie night, game night, party, or midnight snack. It’s so easy to make, too, which means you have to make it often…
This is what I mean by easy: you take lemon curd and mix in mascarpone cheese. That’s it. You can buy lemon curd at the store, but it’s so easy to make, you should just make it. It only takes a few minutes, and homemade lemon curd tastes so much better than the store-bought version. I’ve made lemon curd on the stove before, but when I found out you can make it in your microwave, I was curious. When my friend Jamie from My Baking Addiction posted this recipe for microwave lemon curd on her site, I knew it would be perfect for my cookie dip.
Whip this up, serve it with some cookies, and enjoy!
Lemon Mascarpone Cookie Dip
Serves 8-10 people
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounce Mascarpone Cheese
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until combined.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and melted butter.
- Microwave for 4 or 5 minutes, stopping to whisk after every minute, until the lemon curd coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the curd through a fine strainer, and pour into a glass jar.
- Refrigerate the lemon curd for a few hours, or overnight, until very cold.
- Once the lemon curd is ready, pour it into a large bowl, and mix in the mascarpone cheese.
- Stir until the mascarpone and lemon curd are combined, and enjoy!